What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to the use of our website. Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Our advertising services providers may send you cookies for the purpose of enabling the service of advertisements based on your previous visits to our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal information
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Licence to use website
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You must not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website)
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website
- Show any material from the website in public
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website
- Redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our newsletter).
- Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
The advertising of products on our website constitutes an "invitation to treat" - not a contractual offer. Prices stated on our website may be stated incorrectly.
The purchase of products via our website will be subject to our terms of sale.
We will ask you to agree to our terms of sale each time you purchase a product or products via our website.
Articles & reviews
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your articles/reviews in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your articles/reviews must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law and in any jurisdiction).
Your articles/reviews (and their publication on our website) must not:
- Be libellous or maliciously false;
- Be obscene or indecent;
- Infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- Infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation;
- Constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- Constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
- Be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- Be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- Be blasphemous;
- Be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- Be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- Be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- Constitute spam;
- Be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- Your articles/reviews must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
- You must not submit any articles/reviews to the website that are or have ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any articles/reviews submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Limitations and exclusions of liability
(a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- Send you one or more formal warnings;
- Temporarily suspend your access to the website;
- Permanently prohibit you from accessing the website;
- Block computers using your IP address from accessing the website;
- Contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the website;
- Bring court proceedings against you for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- Suspend and/or delete your account with the website.
Exclusion of third party rights
Law and jurisdiction
Birkwood Farm Fisheries, Altofts, West Yorkshire. WF6 2JE